Monday, June 22, 2015

Stash swatch - Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio set

Hello hello readers!

Casa de Nailaday has been a little chaotic this past week. Toddler boy started daycare last week and it's been an adjustment for all of us. I'm glad I started it a couple of weeks before I will be going back to work because dealing with a newborn baby, a clingy moody toddler and work would have been difficult, to say the least. To top it all off, the poor kid got a bug from his first week at daycare and has been feverish and cranky all weekend. My parents were over to hang out with the babies this weekend and we all just felt so sorry for him!

Anyway, it's time for another post! Today I'd like to show you a swatch of a polish "trio". I picked up this Andrea Fulerton Trio during my trip to London in 2012. (Yup, another one! We're not going to run out of these for a while.) This Andrea Fulerton Trio is called Foxy Lady. There are two polishes, one somewhat more sheer than the other. They are both wearable on their own. The third polish comes in when you layer the polishes together. This is the only trio from this brand I picked up. Let's see the polishes!

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio

The color above is the more opaque polish in the trio. It is not a color I would chose for myself if it came alone. It's a metallic copper peach color that has a weird tendency to look sometimes okay and sometimes dated on my nails. My nails were pretty short at this time so maybe that was in favor of the polish. I think if my nails had been longer the color may have looked more dated. This was two coats and showed more brushstrokes than I would have liked. It did have a nice sparkle in the sun though. That part I liked.

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio


The second polish in this trio is a strange one, in a good way. Overall the color could be described as a dark grey but it had shimmer in it that took it to a whole different level. I loved this shade!! Being the more sheer polish in the set, it did take three coats for complete opacity but I have several stand alone polishes for which that is the case so that wasn't a deal breaker.

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio


More pictures of the second polish above. The shimmer in this one is beautiful. Head on, the polish is an elephant grey color but the microscopic particles in it tease you with a color shifting palette that runs from a light blue color to a fushia purple at the edges. This takes an overall simple grey to one that has a hint of purple in it all the time, making it look like a very dusky lilac. I loved wearing this one.

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio

NailaDay: Andrea Fulerton Foxy Lady trio


Finally, I did what I was supposed to and wore them layered to get my third polish. I wore the grey polish over the copper. I hated it. It doesn't look too bad in the pictures but in person I thought it was a disaster. The formula of the grey color wasn't so good that it went on completely streak free at one coat, despite my best effort. This caused it to look patchy and uneven over the peach color, so that sucked. I realized I disliked the peach color even more when it was grayed out like that. Finally, the duochrome quality of the grey polish was completely lost when layered over the metallic peach. So yeah, this is not how I will be wearing it in the future.

When I saw this in the store, I picked it up because the grey polish in this trio looked very unique. I was right about that. I could have done without the coppery peach and I was right about that too. I'm sure I could use it in nail art at some point in the future so I'll have to work on that.

Once again, thanks for looking and see you next time! Wish us luck with daycare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...