Monday, June 15, 2015

Born Pretty Review - water decals

Hi everyone!
I have another review post for you today.  I'm reviewing some water decals from the Born Pretty Store. Until this mani, I had never used any water decals or nail strips of any kind. I was a little apprehensive to say the least. I thought I was going to go through many tries and waste a bunch of this product before I got something I was happy with. Not the case!! I managed to "nail it" almost right away!

NailaDay: Black and White Skittlette using Born Pretty Store water decals

To create this nail art look I used these water decals below. They have strips of lace pattern in both white and black on the same sheet. You can't see the white colored pattern below because it blends in with the background paper. The black polish I used was Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Black Out and the white was Sally Hansen X-treme Wear White On. The silver was Zoya Trixie. I find all three polishes amazing for what they are and very easy to use.

NailaDay: Black and White Skittlette using Born Pretty Store water decals

Using the actual decals is very easy. Make sure your polish is dry before using the decals. 
     1. Measure and cut out of the portion of the decal that you will be using on your nail. 
     2. REMOVE the clear film on top of the design
     3. THEN place the design in a cup or bowl of water for several seconds, up to half a minute.
     4. Peel the design off the backing with a pair of tweezers and place over your nail.
     5. Align the design properly right away because it may be hard to adjust once it's already on the nail. I found it helped to dip my nail in the water as well and have a large drop of water under the design as I was aligning it. 
     6. Once the design is where you like it, press firmly to get rid of any bubbles of any kind (air/water)
     7. Cover with a coat of topcoat once the nail is dry.

The only flub I kept making was to forget to remove the clear protective film over the decal before putting it in the water. The first time, I remembered within a second of putting it in the water and I was able to fish it out, take off the film and put it back in the water. The second time, I completely forgot and ended up having to peel the design off the plastic film instead of the paper backing. Still salvaged it!!

A few more pictures for your enjoyment....

NailaDay: Black and White Skittlette using Born Pretty Store water decals

NailaDay: Black and White Skittlette using Born Pretty Store water decals

NailaDay: Black and White Skittlette using Born Pretty Store water decals

Here's a picture of the base before adding the decals.

NailaDay: Black and white skittlette using Born Pretty Store water decals

Hope you liked this review and hopefully, if you've been like me, unsure of water decals, you'll be more encouraged to try them out after this post. If you're thinking of getting them from the Born Pretty Store, you can use my code "PRK31" for a 10% discount on your order at checkout. 

Thank you for looking!!

*items in this post were provided to me for honest review*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...