Friday, June 5, 2015

Accessorize Ultra Marine Green and Mineral Violet

Hi everyone! I'm going back to showing you guys swatches of my Accessorize polishes. This time I'm going to show you two polishes that are metallic duochromes Ultra Marine Green and Mineral Violet

In the interest of full disclosure, I need to let you guys know that I'm going to be going back and forth between older manis and swatches (not too old) and the most recent stuff. Because of that, you eagle eyed viewers are going to notice that my nails are going to look different in these pictures in terms of length and shape from post to post. So, sorry if that gets annoying. It'll be that way until I get caught up with my backlog of pictures.

This first polish, Mineral Violet, is a purple duochrome that shifts to a grey at the edges. This polish took three coats for coverage. It looks like this polish is a dupe or at least very similar to China Glaze No Plain Jane. The pictures make it look more brushstroke-y than it is in real life. I really liked this polish on me. It's a chameleon polish in that it changes the way it looks depending on the lighting it's under. You can see that it looks slightly different in each of the pictures below.

NailaDay: Accessorize Mineral Violet

NailaDay: Accessorize Mineral Violet

NailaDay: Accessorize Mineral Violet


This next one, Ultra Marine Green, is another one of those gold green shifters (I must have been really into those two years ago), that is heavier on the green. Also three coats and more brushstrokes seen in the pictures than in real life.

NailaDay: Accessorize Ultra Marine Green

NailaDay: Accessorize Ultra Marine Green

NailaDay: Accessorize Ultra Marine Green

Again, the above pictures are taken under different lighting conditions and you can see how it looks different each time. It's so shifty, I love it. I don't think it's the greatest color for my skin tone but there's something about that color I really like so I'll keep it around for a while. It's got an amazing shine in the sun!

So what do you guys think? Now that the fuss is all about the ultra ultra multi holo uber chromes (okay that's not really what they're called but they may as well be), is there still a place for these simple mild mannered duochromes? I think so. See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...