Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Deadly Sins Challenge - Day 5: Greed (Dior Golden Light)

Hi all! It's that time again. Another Deadly Sins Challenge mani! This week's theme is Greed. The first of the two challenges says "Go wild and use your most expensive and precious polish." I decided to use a polish that my lovely husband got for me as a spur of the moment gift. I normally don't buy any truly expensive polishes so this was truly a treat. The color itself seemed so amazingly pretty in the store (oh those department store lights). This is Dior Golden Light.

NailaDay: Dior Golden Light with Sally Hansen Wined Up stamp

I have stamped it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Wined Up. The image comes from the Cheeky XL plate D. I just want to take a minute to express my love for the soft XL stamper as well. This was a perfect combination of plate, polish and stamper.

NailaDay: Dior Golden Light with Sally Hansen Wined Up stamp

NailaDay: Dior Golden Light with Sally Hansen Wined Up stamp

This is Golden Light before any stamping. It's a pretty sheer polish on it's own. The index only has one coat, the middle finger two, the ring finger three and pinky sort of a fourth. I went with three coats on all fingers for the mani.

NailaDay: Dior Golden Light

Not my most exciting polish and I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to actually wear it if it wasn't for this challenge. It is really pretty though and now that I know how sheer it is, I think it would work well over other polishes. 

2 comments:

  1. Perfect stamping! Very pretty!

    How sweet of your husband!!

    And I agree about the store lights! Their number one job is to mislead us. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...