Sunday, April 14, 2013

L.A. Girls 3D Effects Part 1: 3D Silver and Black Illusion

Hey everybody! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My parents are at our place for the second time since we've moved and currently I am being tortured by the amazing smells of my mom cooking classic South Indian dishes in the kitchen. I am so hungry!

To distract myself, I will show you two of the seven colors that I picked up from the L.A. Girls 3D Effects collection. It actually has eight colors but Electric Coral was gone when I went. The whole collections was  gone in the blink of an eye, at least in my area. I do believe you can still get them online, though. I know www.CherryCulture.com has that brand.

NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects Black Illusion

The first of the two I'm going to show you today is called Black Illusion. As with almost all of the polishes of this collection, it has a nicely pigmented, jelly base with scattered holographic particles. Rainbow colors are seen in a very scattered fashion under certain indoor lights and sunlight. Otherwise, it looks like it has a lot of coarse sparkle in it. I loved this color very much. The application was great. It took just two coats to get very nice coverage and lots of sparkle.

NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects Black Illusion


The next two pictures are angled and blurred a little bit to show off the subtle holo-ness of the sparkle.

NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects Black Illusion

NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects Black Illusion


The next polish I will show you is actually the first one I wore and it had me hoping the whole time that the rest of the collection was better. Because of the lack of a base color, it took four coats to feel like I had good coverage.

NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects 3D Silver

The good thing is, the holographic nature of the sparkle is a bit more evident in this polish. It reminds me quite a bit of the silver Milani holographic polish, but maybe more sheer. I have plans for some good use of this polish though, as you'll see in the future.

NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects 3D Silver


NailaDay: L.A. Girls 3D Effects 3D Silver


I am going to apologize in advance that I am not putting all the swatch pictures in one post. If you are planning on purchasing it now, I will say that I loved all the polishes, I was just put off by the sheerness of the silver. The rest of them all covered very well in 2-3 coats.  I would love to put them all in one post but I just can't carve out enough time to edit, crop and watermark all those pictures in one go. So, hope you don't mind....the best is yet to come!

Edit: I'm adding links to the other swatch posts so you can easily click from one part of the collection to another:
Brilliant Blue and Teal Dimension
Purple Effect
Dazzling Pink and Sparkle Ruby

2 comments:

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...