Saturday, March 30, 2013

Orly It's Up to Blue

Happy weekend, everyone! I don't celebrate Easter, but for those who do, happy Easter! I guess what I would be really celebrating around this time of year if I still lived in India would be Holi, the festival of colors. I used to be deathly afraid of the entire holiday when I did live there, though. I hated seeing familiar faces all transformed into weird monsters with all the paints that were thrown on them. I used to have nightmares of the colors getting into my hair, my eyes, inside my ears and then never coming off. I literally hid in my bedroom all day and never came out. I was a weird child, I think.

NailaDay: Orly It's Up to Blue Mattified

Anyway, it's pretty funny to think about that because now I love colors!! Can't get enough of them. Here's one that took me a long time to get on my nails from when I first bought it but now that I've tried it, it has to be in my top ten. I used to wonder what a matted metallic blue green the color of the ocean would look like on my nails and then I finally just decided to find out.

NailaDay: Orly It's Up to Blue Mattified

The matte top coat I used here is the Hard Candy one. I tried using the Sinful Colors one first but I realized I wanted a much more mattified look. It looks like blue frosted glass to me. Much like this...
Image courtesy of One Rusty Nail (n/a) at http://www.etsy.com/listing/110325268/reserved-for-laura-satin-blue-glass

I left one nail shiny because my husband wanted it to be shiny and this was my compromise.

NailaDay: Orly It's Up to Blue Mattified

Here's how it looked without topcoat:

NailaDay: Orly It's Up to Blue

It really made me happy to look at my nails with this color on. What a vibrant color it is and it reminded me of my recent trip last summer to Mexico. These pictures were taken at Cozumel. Perfect color, right?




3 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous colour! Matted it looks quite like Deborah Milano 10, i think. That must be a tad on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous colour! Matted it looks quite like Deborah Milano 10, i think. That must be a tad on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up that color, and you're right. It looks a lot like it! I don't think I have access to that brand. Thank you for looking!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...