Monday, November 12, 2012

Movember Monday Moustache Mani: Savina Sparkling Water

Hi folks. So, it's been sort of a less than stellar weekend and maybe that's coloring my perception but this post I'm going to show you feels like a less than stellar mani. I think the polish itself is probably not that bad, I'm just annoyed by it right now. I went with the same color theme of light blue and purple for this one but I was struck by a superb lack of creativity. The colors I used are Savina Sparkling Water and Color Club Rev'd Up.
NailaDay: Movember Monday Moustache Mani: Savina Sparkling Water

NailaDay: Movember Monday Moustache Mani: Savina Sparkling Water

Savina is a brand that can be found at Nordstrom Rack.  In the bottle it's a lovely light blue metallic with large holograhic glitter particles. It looks lovely. What fails to make this a truly wonderful polish is that on the nail, the glitter pieces end up forming this gritty, grainy texture that took three coats of top coat to feel somewhat smooth and no amount of top coat could take away the look of grittiness that you can see in the first picture. I'm not really a fan of that look. Thankfully, in certain lights, you can see the holographic shimmer quite well so there is a saving grace.

NailaDay: Movember Monday Moustache Mani: Savina Sparkling Water

And now, this is a picture of the bottle of Jade jelly that I used in my last mani seen here. It's pretty sheer and a little milky. I had originally used Sally's clear, added some Love & Beauty Jade and a bit of glitter. The glitter proved to be ridiculously hard to pick up out of the bottle so now I just use it for the jelly-ness.





1 comment:

  1. Your pics are pretty. Too bad about the grainy texture.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...